Friday, October 15, 2010

FO: McCafferty

This is a long overdue FO post! I've managed to post in time for Tami's FO Friday though, so yay for that at least.

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

McCafferty by Lily Kate France

Yarn: Forsell Botany

Ravelled here

This was the test knit for Lily Kate that I knit back in August, and I love love love it. I think I have worn it practically every time I have left the house since I finished it and I’ve had several lovely comments on it. It is by far my favourite knit of the year.

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

This thing is big. I haven’t got a picture of it stretched out yet, I really should take one or at least measure the dimensions. I used 4 strands of Forsell Botany 1 ply held together as one (2 strands Sovereign, 2 strands Sienna) and I couldn’t be happier with it! It’s incredibly warm, but so light and airy too.

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

It’s essentially a garter stitch triangle scarf with a yarn over lace mesh border. I absolutely love the simplicity of the pattern, it’s so effective. It is a quick knit too. Despite me taking over a month to sit down and write this post (shameful!), I actually finished knitting it in under 15 days. Some may find endless rows of knit stitches tiresome, but I find it quite therapeutic. Anything that allows me to shut off my brain and run on auto-pilot is a win in my book.

In fact, my only project irk has nothing to do with the pattern and everything to do with my choice of yarn. Don’t get me wrong, I’m about 99% happy with the yarn that I used. The 1% is more to do with how I’ve used the yarn, and comes down to the fact that 4 completely un-plied strands are tricky to keep track of, especially when knitting fast and not paying attention. There is more than one stitch where I haven’t quite caught all 4 strands, leaving an errant loop here and there. Nothing serious and barely noticeable, but ever so slightly tedious. Oh well, lesson learnt.

I absolutely adore Lily Kate’s designs and I really can’t wait to see what she comes up with next! She’s such a talented designer and I’m thrilled to have been able to test knit for her.

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...