Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday AKA my new favourite sock cuff

The latest on the needles for WIP Wednesday is yet another mystery sock from the Solid Socks Ravelry group… what can I say. It’s addictive.

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.comI’m a week behind on the clues though, so I’m slacking slightly at the moment. This is halfway through Clue 1.

I have to say, I’m loving the cuff. It’s nothing particularly special, just a 2x1 rib, but it is suuuper squishy and s t r e t c h y .

And in case anyone is in any doubt – photographic proof:

Untitled-2

From 3 inches to 6 and back again.

The Montse Stanley book calls this a two stranded thumb cast on, or something to that effect, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a good old basic long tail cast on. I went through a phase where I loved long tail cast on, but for some reason it faded from my repertoire. I say “for some reason” but I know that it’s probably because I’m always too lazy to figure out the correct length to leave for the tail. Too short, infuriating. Too long, equally infuriating. I think I think I may consider myself re-converted to this cast on though, it’s worth the bit of extra effort. My standard cable cast on just doesn’t cut it in comparison!

I keep hearing good things about the Estonian cast on so I might have to investigate that for my next pair…

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...