Monday, November 22, 2010

Completing the set

P1070432 The postman brought me a lovely little surprise from Amazon this afternoon: the latest in the Stitch ‘n Bitch series, Superstar Knitting. I’d actually forgotten that I’d pre-ordered this a few months ago when it seemed like November would never arrive!

I think the Stitch ‘n Bitch series has now been established as a knitting cult favourite. I was taught to knit as a child, but soon tired of creating a tangled mess of multi-coloured knots. I was only just starting to get myself back into knitting not long after the first book came out, and it was indispensable in helping me to relearn the basics. Even now, I still refer back to it every so often!

I really can’t remember what piqued my interest in knitting again, but I do remember ordering the book an Amazon and poring through the pages with renewed vigour when it arrived. I feel like this book has been a friendly companion to me throughout my knitting journey, and every time a new one is published I feel compelled to add it to my collection. I always like to have complete sets of things.

Ok, so strictly speaking this isn’t the whole set since I never bothered with Son of Stitch ‘n Bitch, but that’s a mere foible. P1070438
I’ve only managed to flick through it so far, but it does look as fun and informative as the previous volumes. It has the same format, with the “theory” and information at the front of the book, and the patterns at the back. I am however, somewhat peeved and perplexed that whilst they have chosen to retain so much of the style and layout of the previous books, they’ve made this one bigger/taller. This annoys the OCD in me as it means that it’s going to look weird on my shelf, sticking up an inch or so above the others.

On a different subject altogether, I did a little blog layout rejigging this weekend. I’ve been contemplating moving across to Wordpress for some time now, because as straight forward as blogger is, and for all its merits, I hate hate hate the blogger commenting system and am sick of waiting for them to introduce nested comments.

Moving blog hosts is a bit of a hassle though, so after a bit of google searching I installed IntenseDebate so I can finally have the nested comments that I’ve been coveting. I’ve been trialling it on a test blog for a couple of days and haven’t had any problems. I think it’s pretty self explanatory, you don’t have to sign up to anything to leave a comment unless you really want to, but if anyone does have any problems with it or wants to know more then please let me know!
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...