Monday, June 20, 2011

Let’s start again…

I’m a little ashamed at my feeble attempt at Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, but the truth is that life rather got in the way. I did start off with the best of intentions, but seemed to stumble at every hurdle. I began to write the posts in advance so that I could schedule them, but didn’t manage to finish them all before I went on holiday. And then as soon as I got home, I started a new job (yay!) and was trying to fit blogging into my new schedule when I was made redundant (boo!) and quite frankly didn’t feel like I wanted to blog. But the urge has started to creep back in, so here we go with a fresh start, and apologies for dropping out of blogland completely!

To kick things off, I wanted to share some pretty little skeins that I dyed up for a couple of projects.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

 

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

I especially like this. It’s Rowan Cashsoft 4 ply, sourced in a creamy white quite a while ago from Kemps, and it’s picked up the colour beautifully. Wiltons Violet food gel is notorious for breaking up colour-wise, and I love the effect it’s had here, albeit helped along slightly with the odd dash of red dye.

 

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

It’s currently knitting up wonderfully into a Moonlight Sonata Shawl for a friend, and is very nearly off the needles which will warrant a post of its own very soon.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

The other skein is destined for the June/July Solid Socks Mystery KAL, which I’ve yet to cast on for (I did peek at the socks in progress though – so pretty! Head on over if you’re interested!). I didn’t really plan or even think through the dye process for this yarn. I think I vaguely had an inclination towards something pink, so I chucked a load of rose coloured dye into to pot, came back a couple of hours later, and hated the colour that I saw. This prompted a rather frenzied attempt to rescue the yarn, which involved throwing various random dyes into the pot in a completely haphazard fashion to try and transform the colour into something which wasn’t quite so loathsome. The result is quite a pretty, almost plummy, magenta colour, but which I have zero chance of ever replicating!

P1090292

All caked up and ready to go.

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...