Wednesday, August 17, 2011

tangled

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

A couple of days ago I decided to overdye some hideous variegated yarn that I first dyed last year. I mustn’t have checked the ties properly, because tangle city has arrived!

I was hoping to cast on for a new pair of socks with this yarn this week, but I think it’s going to take a while to sort out this mess! Thankfully I’m one of those strange people who quite enjoys untangling stuff.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

I finally finished the second cuff of my Vanilla socks. These are moving quite slowly because I keep forgetting about them (sign of too many WIPs perhaps?!), but they’re background knitting so that’s ok. I might be heading to the Tyneside Cinema tonight, and if I do these will most probably be accompanying me.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

Speaking of lingering knits, I’m finally up to the border on my Boneyard shawl. I fear I might have gotten a bit carried away with this one because it is a bit of a behemoth of a shawl and I’m almost certain that it’ll grow even more after blocking… yikes. Too lazy to frog back though, so onward I plod. This one has stalled for a few days because I’ve been lazy in seeking out another ball of the gingery yarn. Anyone else hate cracking into a new ball of yarn just for the sake of a few more rows of knitting? It’s one of my pet peeves, and probably another reason why I’ve been stalling on finishing this off.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

And finally, my nails have been uncharacteristically naked for a couple of weeks but I finally pulled out the polish again yesterday. It’s been so cold in my little North-Easterly corner of the UK that I couldn’t face any bright polishes, so I went for Chinchilly by Essie. I’ve owned this for a while, but this is the first time I’ve used it, and I’m now a big fan. I’m a sucker for any of those beige/greige/dirty/muted colours so this is smack bang in the middle of my comfort zone! Love it!

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...