Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cabled hearts.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

I cast on for a new pair of socks when I was up in Glasgow the other week (I’m hoping to blog about the trip at the weekend!).

I’m using my hand dyed once tangled yarn, and although the pattern isn’t too complex, it is fiddly and time consuming. It’s a Jennie Cartmel pattern for the SolidSocks August/September Mystery KAL, and I’d been wanting to cast on for these socks since early August. I’ve knit one Jennie Cartmel pattern before, and it was lots of fun but it was toe up (not my preferred method) as a little tricky, so I was looking forward to trying one of her top down patterns.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

As usual, I don’t think I’m going to get these finished by the end of September deadline (I need to start casting on earlier for these SolidSocks KALs!), but I love this pattern all the same. The little hearts formed by the cables are so sweet!

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...