It’s all been a bit quiet on this little space of the internet for the past couple of weeks! The Boy has had a little holiday from work for the last ten days or so, so we’ve been enjoying some much overdue time together. I thought I’d ease myself back into the blogosphere with an FO Friday post.
This one is actually a bit of a cheat, because it’s been an FO for almost a year now, but it’s the last of the FOs that I never got around to mentioning.
Pattern: aira by Lily Kate France
Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashsoft 4 Ply
Looking at my Ravelry pattern notes, the only mods I seem to have made are the needle sizes (I used 2.25mm and 3.25mm instead of 2.5mm and 3.5mm), omitting the picot edge to the rib, and working one extra repeat of the chart. The little folds around the crown of this hat are so so pretty. I have to say, I love this hat a lot, but in retrospect I wish I hadn’t done the extra repeat as it does add a little more bagginess and flop to the hat than I would like.
I remember that I was knitting this to a deadline as I wanted it finished so that I could bring it on holiday with me, and I think that if I hadn’t been in such a rush to cast off I would have ripped back the extra repeat. It clearly hasn’t bothered me too much because I haven’t shied away from wearing it for the last 2 seasons, but when I looked at the reverse of the hat the other day I noticed that the end hadn’t been woven in, so it looks like I still have the option of popping it back on the needles and ripping back a little (oh the benefits of being a lazy finisher!)
I’m not sure when I’ll get around to doing this little reworking, I shy away from frogging things when knits are on my needles, never mind when they’re already off. No doubt this’ll be another addition to my ever growing list of “one day” projects, but I do think that this one is worth doing to get this hat from one which I love, to one which I really love.