Tuesday, February 07, 2012

this winter’s favourite.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

Every year I seem to go through a phase where I am completely obsessed with one of my knits. Although I love and wear all my knits, during this phase there always seems to be one that I reach for the most, that just seems to effortlessly go with whatever clothes I threw on that morning.

Last winter it was my McCafferty, and the year before that I was all over my Ishbel. This winter I fully thought it would be Casey. As I was knitting Casey I was completely drawn in by how soft and big and squishy it was, and as much as I love it, this year my go-to knit has definitely been Baktus.

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

ack, vacant expression AGAIN! Must work on that….

There’s something about the simplicity of the colour and the style that make it so easy to wear with anything. When I first made Baktus I was all about hiding the knotted ends behind the point of the triangle like I do with all the rest of my triangle scarves. I don’t know when or why I started knotting it in front, but I like it.

I think I need to invest in some sort of sweater stone or shaver though, it’s definitely showing signs of being loved and pills are forming, particularly at the ends. I keep hearing horror stories about lint shavers and razors cutting through knitwear or not working at all, so I’m somewhat hesitant to invest in something!

So, any recommendations for what your favourite knits are, or what you do to keep them pill free? Do share, I’m in need of pill-removal advice!

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...