Monday, February 06, 2012

ticket to the frog pond

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

I have a couple of projects that have earned themselves a ticket to the frog pond.

The first one is Gush. I can’t even remember that last time I picked these up to work on, but the last time I blogged about them was back in August. I’ve already frogged these once because of a gauge issue, but this time around it’s because I’ve completely forgotten where I am in the pattern, and being too lazy to decipher where I left off I’ve decided it would just be easier to rip and start again. Anyone else do this? I’m very much a serial offender. Must work on that.

I remember that the main reason I stopped knitting Gush was because I was working the socks 2-at-a-time which was making all the stitch shuffling that was going on in the pattern just too much effort. It’s a shame really, because I love the colour of the yarn, and from the finished socks I’ve seen the pattern is really quite lovely. I’ve managed to get my hands on some 9 inch circular needles though, so my plan is to begin again using those, which should make all those shuffled stitches a lot easier to deal with!

©http://elephant-juice.blogspot.com/

Next up are my Hearts socks. I think I left these at the heel flap back in October/November. I picked them up again a couple of weeks ago in an effort to free up some needles before starting anything new, and I’m actually really enjoying knitting them. I don’t want to frog at all, but the problem is the fit! Once on, the fit is great. The issue is getting them on - it takes a good minute to wrangle the sock past my heel. I did toy with the idea of carrying on regardless,  but handknit socks should be a joy to pull on and off, not an effort. Besides, I know deep down that I would rarely wear them if I have to manhandle them on my feet, so frogging is really the only sensible option. I’m having to psych myself up to frogging though, I’ve almost a whole sock now and part of me still feels like it’s such a waste to frog back!

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...